Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Last night got hit with a bug in the eye or late evening.

Customer Question
Eye felt a little irritated...
Last night got hit with a bug in the eye or late evening. Eye felt a little irritated but went to bed. By around 4PM it was like appearance of it bleeding but nothing but water came out. I looked at it and its not bleeding its solid but above the solid bloody spot on the white of the eye is a clear like swelling or looks that way, not sure if the white of the eye is swollen or if that is some sort of clear stuff coming from the eye but it almost looks like clear swollen on top (not directly on top of above) where the red bloody spot is. Nothing but water coming out. Feels sore and maybe like something in it. No visual disturbance, etc. No headache No pain. Just sore. Started an ice pack about 2-3 hours ago and did about 2-3 20 minutes on. Now I see crud coming out in the corner and in the lashes and underneath the eye. Like a brownish or yellowish but not bright yellow just like the regular sleep matter color only a little more brown where it dried underneath the eye in some spots. Just noticed this part after the ice pack. Any advice?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Eye
These were just taken a few minutes ago. Exept the one that has the lid pulled back that was 6 hours ago. http://s28.photobucket.com/user/crickethopper/library/Eye
6/16/2018
Eye Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,i am Dr. Aren,I I have over 37 years of clinical experience,I will help with your query.The photographs are suggestive of corneal abrasions which needs urgent attention.This may lead to infection or deeper injuries and needs to be looked into by an Opthalmologist.A chronic corneal ulcer or contusion may cause long term problems for the eye if ignored.If you are having a sensation of foreign body in the eye/pain in the eye ,you need to get it attended to as soon as possible to prevent long term problems with the eye.Do not rub the eye.

How do you tell the difference in subconjuctival hemmorage and corneal abrasion etc?

Difficult to say without examination,any injury by a flying object/trauma to the eye is definitely likely to cause a corneal abrasion,it may or may not cause a subconjucntival haemorrhage.It would be prudent to get an eye check up done .

This morning it looks the same, can feel the swelling (like the eyelids are swollen) however the soreness is gone, and there is no sensation of foreign object anymore. It was was matted shut this morning but opened on its own after a few minutes, not completely but now is almost completely open.

Please do get the eye looked at by your GP/Doctor despite all this.