Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

What is macular drusen? I had my eyes scanned at the

Customer Question
What is macular drusen? ...

What is macular drusen?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I had my eyes scanned at the optometrist on Tuesday and there were white blotches in both eyes. he said it was macular drusen

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

Two years ago and I wasn't satisfied with my eye tests then so I went to the other optometrist in town

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have Parkinson's Disease, COPD, Gout, Congestive Heart Failure and I have suffered from chronic pain for 30 years. I lost some sight after my first lamenectomy (C7 to C4) in 1997 and again for the samne operation (C3 to C1) in 2010

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Eye
5/31/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 19 days ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
I had my eyes scanned at the optometrist on Tuesday and there were white blotches in both eyes. he said it was macular drusen. I need to know what this is because optometrist said that if I was to live a long time I can have injections once a month at Canberra Hospital. According to my GP my expiry date is about three years hence.Customer: Two years ago and I wasn't satisfied with my eye tests then so I went to the other optometrist in town.I have Parkinson's Disease, COPD, Gout, Congestive Heart Failure and I have suffered from chronic pain for 30 years. I lost some sight after my first lamenectomy (C7 to C4) in 1997 and again for the same operation (C3 to C1) in 2010.I would appreciate knowing what I am facing from a medical standpoint.
Eye Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 17 days ago

Basically they are spots that increase risk of macular degeneration

are you familiar with this?

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
No I am not. But my life span is not as good as the average 70 year old. I have Parkinsons Disease, Two leaky valves in my heart, COPD, Gout and Chronic pain I have suffered from for the past 30 plus years. I also have gout and I need my two knees replaced. I can't have a GA because of my heart and lung conditions.Do I have to worry about the onset of macular degeneration?

There is not much you can do anyways so I wouldn't worry too much

Eye Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 16 days ago

is this helpful?