Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

The corner of my right right eye is swollen the lower eye…

Customer Question
The corner of my...

The corner of my right right eye is swollen the lower eye lid is painful to touch and there is redness.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eyelid swollen at all?

I felt fine yesterday morning and by afternoon it was sore. Yes the lower eye lid is sore

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 2 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Here is a photo

Got it--hold on please

You've got a stye developing there--an infection of the lid

You can try warm compresses and oral ibuprofen for now but if it continues beyond another two days you'll need to see your doctor for a course of oral antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information

I am leaving town for 2 weeks for work tomorrow can you send me a prescription to Walmart zip code 97951
Zip code 97051

Sorry but we can't give prescriptions here--that would be both illegal and malpractice

But an urgent care center doctor could do that for you