Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I just bent over to pick something up, and now I have a

Customer Question
I just bent over...

I just bent over to pick something up, and now I have a spider like shadow in my eye

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

I have never had issues before

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have MS, but in good shape, no issues

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Eye
5/26/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 28 days ago
Dr. Nina Lim
Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Hello, my name is*****
May I ask how old you are?
When was your last dilated eye exam with the optometrist?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
63, probably 2 years ago
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No thank you
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I can just call my doctor on Tuesday
Please ignore any phone call requests as this is automatically generated by the website. I am typing my response now and I thank you for your patience.
Would you still like to continue or should I forward your request to customer service for a refund?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I guess a refund, as I do not want to pay for the call
We do not have to do a phone call at all. We can continue to chat for as long as it takes to get your health concern answered. The phone call was automatically generated by the website and I apologize for that. Would you like to continue with the chat? Either way, whatever you decide is ok with me.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
please, worried it’s my retina
I am typing my response for you now and I appreciate your patience. It will take a few minutes.

So what you saw/ are seeing in your eye is a floater. Floaters tend to appear when you tilt your head or suddenly glance up or down, causing debris to cross the center of the retina. Floaters are usually sloughed off retinal cells floating in the vitreous of your eye, which is like this jelly like substance in your eyeball.

Floaters are usually benign and not something you need to worry about.

But because you have not had an eye exam in 2 years, it is always prudent to get this done, as soon as you are able to schedule an appt.
Your optometrist will do a dilated exam and look at your retina.

Of course you have to watch our for signs of retinal detachment but I don't think you are having one at this time.
I will type some info on retinal detachment and what symptoms to watch out for in my next post.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Please refund my charges, I have been waiting for your advice

Here are the signs/ symptoms of an emergency:

Dramatic onset of floaters and flashes (lightning flashes or rainbow/ kaleidoscopes in the corner one eye or both eyes), sudden wavy or watery quality in vision or a sudden partial loss of vision.

These changes may be associated with headache, nausea or dizziness.

Were you able to read my responses? I just posted them for you? Please let me know if you can view them, if not, I will retype.