Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I am looking for treatment for cataracts and want to have…

Customer Question
I am looking for...

I am looking for treatment for cataracts and want to have fsm

Doctor's Assistant: Have you experienced any changes or blurriness in your vision? Eye pain? Are your eyes dry or bloodshot?

Yes just had eye test wednesday and have cataracts most in right eye just beginning in left eye right eye getting blurry just the last few months age related i am 69 yes dry and bloodshot

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?

Just recentlyyes headaches and dizzy past two weeks headaches getting worse

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have type two diabetes but dr saw no signs of diabetes eye damage also was recently in accident beginning october rearende and have whiplash in neck

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Eye
4/4/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 20 days ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Are you hoping to have FSM used in the treatment of your cataracts?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
i want to have treatment with fsm for cataracts in my area columbus ohio by or overseen by ophthalmologist.Ihave type two diabetes and presently not taking any medications but seeing a doctor today to start back on metformin and probably lisinopril for blood pressure. I have been testing blood sugar just past week and has been 90 to120 but will be going to get blood work done to check a1c.Also i was in accident end of september and received whiplashand am having neck stiffness and pain.Iam having first treatment on tuesday with practitioner using accupuncture and fsm on neck but need ophtalmologist trained fsm for eye treatment or to work with overseeing practitioner. I started aprotocol called outback vision protocol last week using vegetables fruits and berries and nutrients and bettering my diet too
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 19 days ago

FSM does not have anything to do with cataracts.

Anyone who tells you that FSM will help in any way with cataracts is lying to you.

I have also reviewed the data on outback vision and can safely say, in my professional opinion, that it is a scam.

Neither FSM or outback vision will do anything to maintain, improve or impact your vision at all. They sure will not treat any ocular diseases nor deal with cataracts.

I hope this makes sense to you.

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD