Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I am suffering with a sinus infection. drains into my throat…

Customer Question
I am suffering with...

I am suffering with a sinus infection. drains into my throat and tickles and sore till I cough it out.I thought about walk in clinic, but don't want to infect anyone else

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

Just started yesterday. I dont think I have a fever, i have a headache centered right above my eyes and it feels better if I apply pressure to the bridge of my nose

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don't think so. I am not on any prescription. only low dose aspirin. 70 years old

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Eye
4/3/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer
This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.
Thank you.
Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Do you have soreness in throat?

Any breathing discomfort?

That is ok till the junk drains down

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having sinus infection & draining into throat & soreness is suggestive of a condition called post nasal drip. It is the drainage of secretions from the nose or sinuses down the back of the throat. Its most common causes are: Flu, allergies,cold,Sinus infection or sinusitis . It is usually caused by an underlying rhinitis (inflammation of lining of the inside of your nose) and/or sinusitis (inflammation of the sinus cavities within the facial bones that surround your nose).

Following is recommended for you:

• Keeping a humidifier running in your room or using an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day can provide dramatic relief.
  • Pour a 1/2 to a whole teaspoon of liquid diphenhydramine syrup into small medicine cup and gargle with it. Try to keep the syrup towards the back of your throat for as long as you can.
  • Gargling with lukewarm saline water is one of the best remedies.
  • Afrin is a brand of nasal spray used to ease nasal congestion that is available over-the-counter.The generic name for this medication is Oxymetazoline hydrochloride.

All this will help you greatly.

Thank you
Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Kind Regards
Dr.Josh