Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have a sort of yellow hue in the corners and bottom areas…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a sort of yellow hue in the corners and bottom areas (under the lower eyelid) of my eyes. The middle area seems quite clear and I’m uncertain if the yellow is new or something I’ve always had. Anyway, I have a 3-4 year history of fatty liver and about a month ago I did an ultrasound and a CTscan of my liver and it was declared as just “fatty liver” so do you think I could be seeing early symptoms of jaundice? Could mildly yellow eyes be caused by fatty liver? Or is it likely something else since things wouldn’t change that fast in my liver. My tummy has been upset but I have quite a bit of IBS and I have a very mild pain around where my my

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Liver would be. But it comes and goes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Umm, I have had fatty liver for 4 years and I quit drinking a few years ago

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Eye
I also have brown/ dark skin so I’m
Worried I can’t see mild jaundice on my skin
4/3/2018
Eye Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. Can you upload some images of the eyes and skin please. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Sure let me take a few pics thanks.
I will be waiting
Here you go. Tried to get my eyes at a few different angles. Let me know if there are any other specific body parts that would help. I haven’t noticed yellow on my skin yet.

Hi...you do not have any jaundice at all in your eyes or on the skin.

You need not worry at all.

These are not early signs if jaundice.

Fatty liver does not cause jaundice.

I feel you should do some exercise ans loose some weight please.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800