Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Left eye has foggy spot and it comes and goes and bad

Customer Question
Left eye has foggy...

Left eye has foggy spot and it comes and goes and bad headaches on right side of head,

Doctor's Assistant: When did the headache begin? Have you used any medication for it?

Headache off and on for 4 days-took no medicine

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the headache?

No

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Eye
4/2/2018
Eye Doctor: MD Doc, Dr replied 3 months ago
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr

Hi

Welcome to just answer

Kindly give some more information regarding your question -

- are you having any other symptoms besides foggy eye - redness, pain, irritation, discharge etc?

- the foggy vision and headache started together?

- may I know your age and gender?

- are you on any medicines?

- have you had similar symptoms before also?

- have you had your blood pressure checked?

- do you you eye glasses?

Regards

Age 65, female, no other symptoms, headaches and vision problem started at same time. Blood pressure is good. On meds for blood pressure, thyroid, diabetics

Thanks for the information

There are a few possibilities given your symptoms -

- glaucoma - a rise in intraocular pressure of the eye can cause foggy vision and headache. This is more common in diabetes patients

- uveitis - a mild inflammation of the eye

- diabetic retinopathy - this is regarding changes in the retina of the eye (retina is responsible for the main vision). In diabetes patients there can be bleeding or swelling (edema) in the retina.

- dryness in eyes

- migraine

- stress headache

- variation in blood pressure

I would recommend you to consult an Ophthalmologist for a detailed eye evaluation to rule out the above possibilities and to start treatment accordingly. In the meantime, you can use lubricating eye drops like systane/optive/refresh tears etc.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Regards