Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I had a recent eye injury and wanted to know about my

Customer Question
Hi yes, I had...

Hi yes, I had a recent eye injury and wanted to know about my symptoms and what I should do

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

My vision was fine but I recently was hit in the eye by a pressurized bottle cap and ever since my vision in that eye in blurry and there are floaters and specs in my vision

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Ni No

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Eye
4/2/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

How long ago was the injury?

Are you having pain in that eye?

Are you seeing any flashes of light?

Does you eye look normal when you look in the mirror or is all bloodshot etc?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Eye injury was 24 hours ago
Been hurting since
No flashes of light just floaters
My eye is definitely redder than the other
No other medical problems

Thank you for that additional information.

You should see an ophthalmologist (not an optometrist) today for a complete eye exam.

The floaters could be from blood inside your eye and your retina needs to be closely checked for any holes, tears or pending detachments.

Do not put off getting this exam done today....

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS