Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a yellow tinge in my eyes for about a year. It…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a yellow tinge in my eyes for about a year. It has never gotten worse and I don’t have other symptoms I’ve been told it’s normal and if it were jaundice it would be all over the eyes and skin... is this accurate??

Doctor's Assistant: When did the yellowness begin? Have you used any medication for it?

It was a year ago and no. I have been told it’s normal by my clinic no further info given

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the yellowness?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nope no family with liver disease or anything

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Eye
3/31/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 20 days ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Yes its likely to be insignificant sometimes referred as dirty sclera but in absence of yellowish discoloration of skin or progressive worsening or any other liver related symptoms like loss of appetite, bodyaches , fatigue etc its highly unlikely to be suggestive of jaundice or liver impairment. Have you had any blood tests for this ?

Are you there ?

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist