Paul Wolfe
Paul Wolfe,
Experience:  Pediatrician / Owner at Marion
59815006

My 15mo has a cough that isnt producing phelm, runny nose,

Customer Question

My 15mo has a cough that isnt producing phelm, runny nose, slight fever at night (nothing in the 100s) he woke up this morning with one eye crusted over. He was grabbong at one ear and his balamve is off. I have given hom Elderberry Sbuca syrup which helped for a day or two and also fever reducer/pain reliver. Could this part of him teehting cause he is doing that also
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: The cough has been for several days
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: We just moved here from Ohio in Feb
Category: Eye
Expert:  Paul Wolfe replied 3 months ago.

My name is***** have been a pediatrician for 23 years. It sounds like your 15 mo old's cold (viral) has progressed into a sinus / ear infection. When there is "That" much mucous in the nose it can block the tear ducts that drain from the inside corner of both eyes in to the nose. The mucous and swelling in the nose can also block the gustation tube that drains from the middle ear to the back of the nose - this can lead to an ear infection. If he is not miserable, it is fine to try 'pain/fever reducer' - he should be seen within the next couple days by his primary care doctor or and urgent care center. I hope you have found this helpful. If it was helpful, please give it a five star rating. Thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I took him to the ER and she diagnosed him with croup.

Croup can be very serious. I hope everything is going well.