Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eyes have been acting strange recently. I have noticed they…

Customer Question
Eyes have been acting strange...
Eyes have been acting strange recently. I have noticed they are really reflective in the mirror now. Its like I'm looking into a mirror and I can see myself in my eyes. Also they seem more white than usual and I have trouble seeing at night. At night I see a white film over the darkness. After I look into a screen, the whiteness stays for awhile. They also kind of burn and all the time. They are just off compared to what they used to be. Also, the red veins are not as prominent. No idea what could this be, It is either causes by my sinus salt rinse that dried my tears or the sinus infection, or my strict diet. Really need help on this one, it is hard to see at night.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Eye
here are pictures of my eyes they are really reflective for some reason.
Here is another picture.
3/29/2018
Eye Doctor: MD Doc, Dr replied 3 months ago
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr

welcome to just answer

There can be many reason for trouble seeing at night, but given your symptoms of burning, look of eyes, the commonest cause is dryness of eyes. This is more so because of mostly increased screen time in our day to day life (cell phones, lap tops, e readers, ipads, TV etc). In the absence of any other complaints like blurring of vision, discharge etc I would recommend you to use lubricating eye drops like genteal, systane etc (available over the counter). Try to restrict screen time.

If there is no improvement in next few weeks then you need to consult an Ophthalmologist to rule out other possibilities like Vitamin A deficiency, retinitis pigmentosa etc

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Regards

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Regards