Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I have a very itchy eye, especially in the inside corner.

Customer Question

I have a very itchy eye, especially in the inside corner. Have tried Zaditor and Refresh drops for one day, no results yet.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: It started yesterday, mostly in left eye but somewhat in both, thought it was allergies so I tried Zaditor, then added Refresh this morning. I have never had eye symptoms quite like this before.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have had retinal surgery in right eye for detachment several years ago, followed by cataract.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question.

Your symptoms are definitely suggestive of allergy. However the eye drops which you have put would take a few more days to show improvement because neither can show dramatic improvement within 24 hours of instilling.

You can continue putting these eye drops until you find relief over the next 4-5 days.

To prevent symptom of itching you can even take Tablet Zyrtec ( Cetrizine) 10 mg, one tablet once a day, for 4-5 days.

Hope this helps you to take the right decision. Take care.

Do remember to rate this response positively with 5 stars, if it was up to your expectation/satisfaction. A positive rating is the only way to credit the expert for the advice given and for the time spent. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Regards

Dr.A.S.Desai