Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I accidentally put ear wax removal in my eye? Help. It's a…

Customer Question
I accidentally put ear...

I accidentally put ear wax removal in my eye? Help

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

It's a new bottle. No cold or flu

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had knee surgery yesterday and I guess I was loopy and put the wrong drops im

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Eye
3/27/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 25 days ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question.

The first thing to do is to rinse the eye with clean potable water for about 15 minutes continuously. This will ensure that the ear wax removal is out of the eye and also prevent the eye from getting irritated or inflamed . For the next 24 hours keep putting lubricating eye drops , 1 drop every 1-2 hours. The eye is likely to remain quiet after that.

However watch out for any redness/ irritation /watering the next day. If noted then do get your eye examined by an ophthalmologist for a closer look.

Hope this helps you to take the right decision. Take care.

Do remember to rate this response positively with 5 stars, if it was up to your expectation/satisfaction. A positive rating is the only way to credit the expert for the advice given and for the time spent. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Regards

Dr.A.S.Desai

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok, it shouldnt damage my eye, right?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No, I'm going to do what u said. My husband doesnt need to know about my stupidity
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The lid is swelling too
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Are u still there??

Don't worry, it was just an accidental mistake. The eye should be just fine provided you rinse the eye immediately as suggested earlier and then follow up with the lubricating eye drops.

I am sure your eye will be fine soon.

It might appear a bit red initially but should settle down over the next couple of hours or so.

You can get back to me anytime in case you feel that the symptoms are not better.

take care

They would do just the same even if you were to go to the ER now. Just rinse the eye until the irritant is out of the eye.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thank you!!! This is awesome! Can u prescribe diet pills!! LOL

Nope !!! LOL

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok, thank you for the chat.

You are most welcome!

But don't forget to rate the answer !

Just following up with you.

Did the eye wash help?

Have the symptoms reduced?

Is the eyelid still swollen?

Let me know.

Thanks and best wishes

Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist