Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

That was quick.? about my eyes. I am under a eye doctor's…

Customer Question
That was quick Doctor's...

That was quick

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

? about my eyes. I am under a eye doctor's care

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

Seen in November/ My vision has grown much worse this past year

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I think I may have night blindness. My doctor has told me my eyes are healthy and it's a normal consequence of growing older.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 26 days ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

I am Dr.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question.

I am not sure about what exactly your question is but it appears that your concern is about a possibility that you may be having night blindness.

If this has been a recent onset in the last 1 year then I guess it is time to review back with your ophthalmologist. There are very few conditions with night blindness and are all very gradual in onset or some are present since birth. Since your last eye exam, which was a year back, was found to be normal by the eye doctor, it is unlikely that you have any cause of night blindness since birth.

Recent onset causes include Vitamin A deficiency ( again not likely in your case considering that you have been in good health), peripheral cataract ( called as Cortical cataract).

If there is an early peripheral cataract, you can consider undergoing cataract surgery if the visual impairment is bothering or affecting your day to day activities.

Hope this helps you to take the right decision. Take care.

Do remember to rate this response positively with 5 stars, if it was up to your expectation/satisfaction. A positive rating is the only way to credit the expert for the advice given and for the time spent. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Regards

Dr.A.S.Desai

Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist