Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Dr rick only. Please get back to me doctor when ever you can…

Dr rick only . Please...
Dr rick only . Please get back to me doctor when ever you can :)
3/26/2018
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Good Morning. How can I help you today?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Hi dr rick . Thoughts on lasik?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Is it scary?

It is not scary at all.

It is very safe and very stable.

You will get excellent vision from LASIK

Here is a cool video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmyWWJxSygQ

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I see . You know what really scares me tho ? Firstly the steel clasp put into the eyes and the flap which will be drawn on the cornea . It's not the laser which scares me .
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
of course I am scared of the pain or any pressure put into the eyes
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Also I got the clinical notes from my dilated eye exam which has been certified clear .It says : Multiple lattice , CBF , No peripheral holes or tears .That's it .

Your dilated eye exam does not have anything in it that would block you from having safe LASIK.

If you are afraid of the flap then you can have PRK....it is lasik without the flap. But...everyone gets the lid speculum -- AKA: The Steel Clasp!.

Make sense?

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Does the flap hurt? And what's CBF?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
If the flap doesn't hurt and the steel clasp doesn't hurt I'll go for LASIK :)
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
What's CBF? I was only told about lattice and then referred to the nuero . Just curious
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Dr rick are you still here?

I've been out snowmobiling for the last few days -- last run of the season :(

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
That's alright . I'll message you in a few days :)

ok

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD