Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have 2 questions. First, I have what my opthamologist

Customer Question
Hello. I have...

Hello. I have 2 questions. First, I have what my opthamologist thinks is a floater in my left eye. It's been there for 2 months, and is in the center, so that it interferes a bit with my reading and work on the computer. It's a bit yellow and hasn't moved from that center position since I saw it. Should I worry?

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

About a month ago

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Um, cancer (bone), chronic regional pain syndrome after amputation, diabetes well-controlled, hypothyroid dz, gout intermittently, stage 3 kidney disease, history of asthma, hypertension well controlled

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Eye
3/26/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 3 months ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question.

If your eye was examined by an ophthalmologist ( eye MD) and diagnosed to have a floater, then I guess there is nothing to worry. A large floater can sometimes not move out of the field of vision, thus causing problems with reading.

Since your eye has already been examined by an ophthalmologist, I would not be too concerned about the floater. A wait and watch policy can be applied.

Hope this helps you to take the right decision. Take care.

Do remember to rate this response positively with 5 stars, if it was up to your expectation/satisfaction. A positive rating is the only way to credit the expert for the advice given and for the time spent. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Regards

Dr.A.S.Desai