Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Have had a headache/migraine since last Sunday that runs up…

Customer Question
Have had a headache/migraine...

Have had a headache/migraine since last Sunday that runs up from behind my right ear to behind my right eye. When I move a certain way I get a pinch with a shooting pain. I have not been able to reach a neurologist. Should I go to the ER or should I wait? I am very concerned

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Every day, just a little nausea

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Get migraines and take maxalt, which has not worked. tried hydrocodone today, which also has not worked

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Eye
3/25/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 3 months ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question.

Sorry to know about the severity of your headache.

Are you experiencing any other neurological symptoms such as weakness/ visual blurring/ variation in pupil size( does the right pupil appear more dilated than left) ?

I look forward to your reply.

Any fever or throbbing pain in the right ear?

Any discharge from right ear?

no to both what is your no?
no ill ask questions this way

If the pain is unbearable and severe , you can go to the ER for higher analgesics and an MRI if need be . An MRI scan would help to know if there was a intracranial cause for the pain.

Hope this helps you to take the right decision. Take care.

Do remember to rate this response positively with 5 stars, if it was up to your expectation/satisfaction. A positive rating is the only way to credit the expert for the advice given and for the time spent. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Regards

Dr.A.S.Desai

thank you

You are most welcome. Hope you get relief soon!

Best wishes