Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Have sharp pain in right eye shooting to put pressure on t.

Have sharp pain in...

Have sharp pain in right eye shooting to put pressure on t

Doctor's Assistant: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?

Right temple and it goes away when walking comes back with out pressure when walking

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No injury

3/25/2018
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question.

Is there any nausea or vomiting?

Is the vision blurred or foggy in the right eye as compared to the left eye?

Is there any redness/ light sensitivity in the right eye?

Does the pupil appear dilated and fixed in the right eye?

Have you had migraine headaches in the past?

Any history of hypertension?

I look forward to your reply

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
None to above questions. It started like week ago while blowing nose heard pop and now have bump there and eyes waters really bad as if crying

Can you send a picture of the eye/ bump?

Ok. I'll wait for the image to be sent.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
did u get it

I am sorry but I did not get the image

Nevermind. But is the bump near the inner corner of the eye and the bridge of the nose?

Are you there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is and it is swollen
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is and swallowen

Looks like the severity of blowing the nose resulted in the nasolacrimal duct( the tube which drains tears from eye to the nose) getting blocked. This can temporarily cause excessive watering from the eyes. Once the nasal problem resolves the duct resumes drainage.

The swelling could have been due to escape of air from ethmoidal sinus into the tissue beneath the skin. This air will get absorbed gradually.

Try steam inhalation ( gentle inhalation) and avoid blowing your nose.

If the above symptoms do not resolve over the next 48 hours then do consult your ophthalmologist for a closer look and further treatment

Does that make sense?

Is there anything else that I can answer for you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no thank you so much. But do you think it is very serious doctor on vacation till March 28. what can I take in the mean time till i see him
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is there something I can take for it besides the steam and thank j

if you have a runny or stuffy nose, you can take Benedryl syrup, 15 ml twice a day.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank u so much
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr knew my answer to problem. Very good and noliable. Thanks

Do remember to rate this response positively with 5 stars, if it was up to your expectation/satisfaction. A positive rating is the only way to credit the expert for the advice given and for the time spent. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Regards

Dr.A.S.Desai

Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist