Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Need to talk to a eye doctor. No just need a second opinion.

Need to talk to...

Need to talk to a eye doctor.

Doctor's Assistant: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?

No just need a second opinion.

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last doctor visit? What did you discuss?

Yesterday. It was about my eyes.

3/25/2018
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

How can I assist you today?

I have a pressure of 12 and I was given eyedrops by my doctor for potential glaucoma is that OK.
My Doctor said the drops should strengthen my retina but I know permanent damage to the retina cannot be reversed.

First and foremost there no drops that are going to do anything to strengthen your retina.

If your doctor told you this then run, don't walk, run out of his office and find a competent, ethical ophthalmologist somewhere else.

Also, there are very few reasons why someone would be started on one glaucoma drop when their pressure is 12........

Does it happen? Rarely.....

But before I trusted this doctor to "treat" your glaucoma I would consult with a glaucoma specialist.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Thank you! Yes pressure is 12. So I do feel good about that.

I'm happy to be of service

I wish you the very best.