Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I had a partial retina detachment, macula on, close to 2…

Customer Question
I had a partial...

I had a partial retina detachment, macula on, close to 2 months ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Immediately after I took out the eye patch I noticed a gray spot to the left of the central spot, very close to it, kidney shaped that has been rather stable aong the post surgery days.

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

Before my visión was almost 20/20 without correction. I am 64 and without any factor that may be related to the detachment as Diabetes, High Blood Pressure and of course myopia. My question is if this gray área could the possibility to improve by itself. I believe it could be a collateral damage due to the vitrectomy during maybe the hyaloid peeling procedure or so.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Eye
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I can add that my visión is not as sharp as before, no eye pain, dryness or bloddshot. In general the post operatory recover has been normal. Y can still see the central spot mainly to the right side without problems and the gray area to the left is not too big.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Also, the detachment was rather slow and only I started seeing a black veil at the bottom of the visual field I began to think about a retina detachment.
Victrectomy was done a few days after, the partial detachment was at around 11 o´clock with two áreas but not even near the macula.
3/24/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 26 days ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

I am a retina surgeon.

Do you have a copy of your operative note I could review?

Have you tested this eye with an amsler grid?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I can email you the operative note.
I have not taken the amsler grid test.
I don´t take any medication and I don´t have any medical problems. Actualy, this is my first time I visit a clinic!!
I enjoy a really nice health, no problems of any kind.
I will try to email the information asap.
Thanks for your kind reply.
Melvyn

Thank you for that additional information.

Just email it to customer service at Just Answer and let them know it is for Dr. Rick.

Be patient......this email system can be a bit slow

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Hi Dr. Rick:
Here I send a few pictures of the OCT I also took. OD is right eye which is the normal one and OS the left one with the detachment. The OCT shows the zone where I see the gray zone on the left side of the center spot.
I will send the operative note shortly.
Thanks again.
Melvyn

I will await the operative note.

It is bedtime on my side of the planet. I will check back when the sun comes up ;)

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Hi Dr. Rick:Here I send the operative note.It is in spanish as the operation was made in Chile. I hope you can read it. If you have a problem I can translate it.Thanks, ***** *****Melvyn Becerra
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 21 days ago

My son is a fluent spanish speaker. I'll see what he can do....

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Ok, just let me know.
Thanks
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Hi Dr. Rick:Any news?
Kind regards,Melvyn
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 12 days ago

No. He never got back to me.......

Let me send it to him again and tell him to call/text me ASAP

Darn kids! ;-)

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist