Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have glaucoma in my right eye and notice a clear bubble in…

I have glaucoma in...

I have glaucoma in my right eye and notice a clear bubble in the white portion of my eye

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

No changes to vision.. my last checkup was in December

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I only have glaucoma and had a surgery in Early October to release pressure in my eye

3/24/2018
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question.

A clear bubble on the white part of the eye is very likely to be either chemosis or a conjunctival cyst. Both are harmless conditions and do not warrant an immediate eye exam. Chemosis could have occurred due to allergy/vigorous rubbing of the eye. It will resolve gradually over few days to a week. A conjunctival cyst is a fluid filled bubble which can occur due to allergy/ foreign body in the eye or even otherwise. No treatment is required in most cases.

You can use lubricating eye drops such as Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day for 3-4 weeks for symptomatic relief.

Hope this helps you to take the right decision. Take care.

Do remember to rate this response positively with 5 stars, if it was up to your expectation/satisfaction. A positive rating is the only way to credit the expert for the advice given and for the time spent. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Regards

Dr.A.S.Desai

Another word of caution is regarding the location of the clear bubble. If it is in the upper part ( covered by the upper eye lid) then it is the filtering bleb which has been created for keeping the eye pressure under control. This bleb is meant to be raised and does at times look like a clear bubble. You need not worry about this bleb.

Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Thank you for responding so quickly

You are most welcome!