Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I had a vision issue a day ago, where I suddenly saw five of…

I had a vision...

I had a vision issue a day ago, where I suddenly saw five of everything. The actual object in the middle, surrounded by images of the same object - like a flower with petals. What would cause that?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you experienced any changes or blurriness in your vision? Eye pain? Are your eyes dry or bloodshot?

Afterwards everything was blurry for about 10 minutes, then slight headache and eyes were sore.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?

It happened once, though I have had a few vertigo moments lately. Slight headaches recently.

3/22/2018
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question.

Your symptoms are suggestive of visual aura associated with ocular migraine. It is typical of a fortification spectrum of migraine. Nothing to worry about the visual aura as of now. You can take an analgesic if the headache is severe. These episodes may or may be recurrent. In case you do get frequent episodes in future you can consult your physician for migraine prophylaxis.

Vertigo is a different condition and sometimes is associated with a variant of migraine.

Hope this helps you to take the right decision. Take care.

Do remember to rate this response positively with 5 stars, if it was up to your expectation/satisfaction. A positive rating is the only way to credit the expert for the advice given and for the time spent. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Regards

Dr.A.S.Desai

Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist