Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My skin around eyes is sore and dry and my eye lids feel…

Customer Question
My skin around eyes...

My skin around eyes is sore and dry and my eye lids feel heavy and swollen

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

About 2 weeks now not nothing

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No other ways healthy

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Eye
3/22/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 4 months ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question.

One of the possibilities is that of blepharitis. The inflammation of the eye lid can be due to allergy also. Keep the skin moist and hydrated by applying a safe moisturizer around the eye ( not into the eye). Cool compresses can help reduce symptoms. If persistent the a mild steroid ointment might be needed. This being a prescription medicine, it would require a visit to the ophthalmologist.

The exact allergen might be difficult to identify and could be anything from pollen in the air, dust, mite, reaction to any eye drop, a new brand of cosmetic or soap/cream. If something is known it can best be avoided.

Hope this helps you to take the right decision. Take care.

Do remember to rate this response positively with 5 stars, if it was up to your expectation/satisfaction. A positive rating is the only way to credit the expert for the advice given and for the time spent. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Regards

Dr.A.S.Desai