Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I am 20. fell and hit the corner of my eye on my desk. It is…

I am 20....

I am 20. fell and hit the corner of my eye on my desk. It is swollen and getting black. There is an indention going in at the corner of my eye. My head hurts now really band and I feel nauseous. What should I do

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

Yes - I am a college athlete and I pulled my shoulder playing volleyball. the eye injury just happened about 30 min ago

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No - I am otherwise healthy

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you - I'll be waiting....
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No phone call.

You need to see a doctor right away for this

You probably have a concussion but you may also have an orbital fracture around your eye

You need an exam, facial bone x-rays and possibly an MRI of your brain to check for any bleeding there

This really isn't a wait and see what happens scenario

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)