Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I woke up with the feeling of soreness on my left eye lid. 2…

Customer Question
Hi, I woke up...

Hi, I woke up with the feeling of soreness on my left eye lid. 2 days ago. It feels very heavy. I thought it's because I didn't have enough sleep. After a night sleep yesterday, I still woke up with the same feeling. It's as though someone punch my eyelid. Today, I noticed a bruise at the inner of the eyelid. When I blink or move my left around, I can feel the pain. but there is no discharge nor itchiness nor redness. It is super uncomfortable though. I'm currently icing it. But am wondering if it is something I should be concern off and see the doctor?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

2 days ago. When i close my eyes it is better. but when I open it, it feels heavy. the pain feels worst when i move my eyeball around

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I have no allergies. But I had high fever for the past week before i start feeling the heaviness on the left eye

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Eye
3/19/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sorry to hear about that. Do you notice any pain while looking around or turning your eye balls? Any restriction in eye movements? Any double-vision?

Heaviness in the eye lid and finding it hard to keep it open could be a result of nerve or muscle weakness .. i would recommend you to see your doctor immediately for complete neurological examination . Possible causes like third nerve palsy, myasthenia gravis, GBS ,sarcoidosis etc must be ruled out if your symptoms persist.

It could simply be that bruise you noticed but heaviness of eyelid is a symptom that warrants immediate attention.

Hope you feel better soon.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Regard

I hope you are great.

Please do remember to reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page . Grateful for your time.

Stay blessed.

Regards.