Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My 5 yr old son constantly gets pig sty (eye) on his lower…

Customer Question
Hi my 5 yr...

Hi my 5 yr old son constantly gets pig sty (eye) on his lower eyelid only last week as well as an ear infection and a boil on his lower lip line. he finished a course of antibiotics early last week and within a few day has now got another one on his top eyelid and looks like another one ready to start on the same lid. I'm concerned because the same doctor prescribed the same antibiotics this morning. Is this something I should be worried about? Should I get a second opinion? I have followed the doctors orders by giving Nurofen and warm conversions. Both my son and I are having alot of time off work and school due this issue reoccurring.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eyelid swollen at all?

Yes eye is swallon and this has been happing since January 2018

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Other then the sty my son seems to be healthy

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Eye
3/19/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 4 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
Which antibiotic was prescribed?

Cefalexin sandoz 250ml/5ml susp 100ml. He is to take 8ml three times a day

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for his symptoms.
Often sty can repeat.
Same antibiotic can be used here.
This is good for gram positive infection.
If it becomes recurrent, then take an evaluation by an eye specialist.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish him healthy life.
Regards.