Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Feels like something is in my eye. My eye is tearing and…

Customer Question
Feels like something is...

Feels like something is in my eye. My eye is tearing and nose running

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

Breathing okay. Yesterday it started bothering me. I took out my contacts. I've been wearing contacts for over 40 years.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Eye
3/18/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Since you wear contact the number one thing with your symptoms that has to be ruled out is a corneal ulcer.

So. What should you do?

I suggest you either contact your eye doctor to see if they have someone on call that can examine you now, or go to the ER for an evaluation.

Corneal ulcers can get very serious very fast. In some cases so serious that they can lead to total blindness or loss of the entire eyeball.

This is not something to mess around with on your own.

Could it be something less serious? Of course. But there is no way to tell without an eye exam.
Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD