Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

The past two mornings when I got up, as usual when I

Customer Question
The past two mornings...

The past two mornings when I got up, as usual when I prepared to put on my makeup, it was difficult because ther wer two sets of eyes looking at me, one on top of the other. It pasted in about ten minutes, but never happened before,. Do I have a problem that needs attention?

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

It is goin on one year since my last appointment. Except for the morning, I have had no other problems

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am 73, low normal blood pressure colesteral is 167 with high hdl, I am overweight but hypo-thyroid and have cronic bleeding ulcer syndrome. Some nerve damage in my neck that doesn't bother me. That's it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Eye
3/17/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually, double vision of this sort is to be expected occasionally due to fatigue, tiredness, dehydration, electrolyte imbalance and would usually occur mostly after you wake up as it can take some time for the eyes to get readjusted. These problems can occur with aging as the muscles of the eyes tend to get weak as time passes and you may experience an occasional issue like this. Now there are diseases which can cause this to occur as well including diseases which affect the movement of the eyes HOWEVER I would not consider them to be the case here unless you start experiencing this more frequently.

If you start to experience these symptoms on an almost daily basis or if you start experiencing blurred vision or flashes of light in front the eye or even black spots then you should immediately get it evaluated, otherwise, you can simply observe the situation.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor