Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My doctor gave me a prescription for Vitamen D 2 1.25mg

Customer Question
My doctor gave me...

My doctor gave me a prescription for Vitamen D 2 1.25mg 50,000 unit take 1 weekly. I am Female 85 years old. This is given for my tiredness. I am afraid to take such a large dose.Should I be??????? Martha Mccammon

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I am very tired. I take Levothyroxine o.112mg,Hydrohlorothiaz 12.5 mg, bisophrol Fum 5 mg, sertaline 100 mg, Furosemide 20 mg, fish oil, Calcuim, Ocuvite for eyes. I am in good health.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Allergic to clindamycin antibiotic, tetanus

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Eye
3/16/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** am reviewing your question now,and will respond to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

If you have low calcium level or hyporatathyroidism, then this initial dose of 1. 25 mg (50,000 unit) is appropriate.

If you believe that, there is no such problem, then you might want to talk to your doctor to get his prospective.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Do you have any follow-up question for me? If not, please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you.

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor