Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My wife out Similasan ear wax removal in her eyes by

Customer Question
My wife out Similasan...

My wife out Similasan ear wax removal in her eyes by accident. We have rinsed then iut severa Times and out in an eye gel. What else should we do?

Doctor's Assistant: What are your wife's symptoms? Has she used any medication for this?

Her eyes are reddish, stinging, occasionally stabbing pain, dry. I put in GenTeal Teard gel and now a warm cloth over her eyes.

Doctor's Assistant: Has she seen a doctor about the pain?

She just did this 15 min ago, so no.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Eye
3/16/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your wife's symptoms. Actually, there are a couple of things to monitor here. The first one is whether or not your wife develops any blurring of vision, loss of vision, black spots in front of the eye, flashes of light or even a discolored discharge coming from the eye. If any of these symptoms occur at ANY time over the next 12 hours then she needs to be immediately taken to the ER for a close examination and possible management with topical steroids and anti-inflammatory medications along with antibiotics.

If she does not have these symptoms then she should continue to wash out her eyes with cold water or saline every 30-40 mins for 10 mins at a time. This should be done for a maximum of 4-5 times. I would also suggest that she start using OTC anti-inflammatory ibuprofen at a dose of 200 mg thrice daily for 2 days and OTC antihistamines like Zyrtec or Claritin.

But right now you should monitor her for the symptoms that I described above.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor