Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

The skin around my eyes feels bruised and has some red bumps…

Customer Question
The skin around my...

The skin around my eyes feels bruised and has some red bumps that come and go for the past 6 months

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

6 months when i have bread or a beer

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Know regular check ups been healthy other than my hemoglobin has been low as long as iu have had blood tests

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Eye
3/15/2018
Eye Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. Skin conditions are best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images of the redness around skin so that I can see and guide you better please. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

how do i download on this site
ok i have downloaded

Hi...I have both the images.

This looks like an allergic reaction. But it does not look like food allergy.

This is most likely an ocular allergy or eye allergy to aero-allergens or particulate matter allergy.

I suggest -

1. Refresh Eye drops 1 drop in each eye 4 times a day for 5 days

2. Syr Benadryl 10ml thrice a day for 5 days

3. Acular eye drops (Ketorolac) is an OTC anti inflammatory medication and can be used thrice a day for 5 days for reducing local inflammation.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

My eyes have cleared up after removing Gluten from my diet. I believe this has been the issue. I am not sure however if the reaction to Gluten is cased by a medical condition? What’s your thoughts?

Hi...reaction to gluten and allergic manifestations are very common in certain populations. Gluten allergy is the cause of notorious Celiac disease. But eye allergy is rare to gluten. Consuming foods with gluten does not have a direct connection to eye problems, but in some cases, gluten might have an inadvertent connection to certain eye conditions. If you have an allergic reaction to gluten, you might experience eyelid swelling. Depending on the severity of your reaction, the swelling might appear as mild or extreme.