Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have noticed that my right eye seems to go to sleep before…

Hello... I have noticed...

Hello... I have noticed that my right eye seems to go to sleep before the left and even when i awake in the morning it takes a few mins to get it to open

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

I noticed about two days ago that its hard to read the battery percentage on my phone which is fine print

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had my eyes checked less than 1 year ago but it was ok.. i am studying late at nights and my eye waters sometimes and i tend to feel sleepy when reading i find it weird that i am wide awake but the right eye just decides to go to sleep and i have no control

3/15/2018
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

How old are you?

M/F?

How is your vision in each eye?

What do you mean that your right eye just goes to sleep? What does it do when goes to sleep? Go blind? close? etc....

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Hello.. sorry for the late response. I am 40 Female and to explain; at night the right eye will close as if i am very sleepy when infact the left is wide awake. Happened a few times while watching a movie but the episode is really interesting so i remained watching with one eye..lol
i have no medical problems, was taking concerta to stay up to study about 3months ago but dont have any serious issues. One of my brothers said he wakes up like that and has to wait a few mins for his eye to fully open

Hmmm....very interesting. And unusual.

I do not believe that this is anything to be worried about in the absence of any other symptoms or issues.

But. If you want to get to the bottom of this issue then I would suggest having a sleep study done. You might also want to consult with an internal medicine MD to rule out any myoneural issues, etc.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Thank you for your timely response...