Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have 2 cyst on my thyroid I do y take meds for my thyroid.

Customer Question
I have 2 cyst...

I have 2 cyst on my thyroid I do y take meds for my thyroid. But I'm always tired, cold, run down, night sweats, gained 30 lbs in 3 months can't lose this extra weight. My dr says he'll just keep an eye on my thyroid says I have slight graves diseas should I get second opinion

Doctor's Assistant: Have you used this medication or anything similar before?

I've never taken thyroid meds dr says he don't think I need them now

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the cyst?

Yes he biopsy them and said he was leaving them in there

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have high BP high cholesterol I have stomach issues on a daily basics constapation bloating nauseated a lot

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Eye
3/13/2018
Eye Doctor: Doctor Jennifer, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Doctor Jennifer

Hi, I'm Dr Jennifer and I'm a surgery fellow.

Grave's disease makes patients have too high thyroid function, leading to symptoms like feeling hot, jittery and anxious, as well as having a high heart rate. The symptoms you're describing do sound like hypothyroidism, which is low thyroid function, but it sounds like you have had your lab tests checked. If he doesn't feel you need medication, then the hormone levels were probably normal; the "mild grave's disease" is a little confusing to me, but he could have meant that you have a very low level of the autoimmune antibody that causes Grave's disease, which may not cause you any symptoms at all.

Do you have the lab results from those tests? I can help explain them if so.

Does that answer your question? Let me know if I can clarify anything. If you're satisfied with my service, please consider giving me a 5 star rating!

Doctor Jennifer
Doctor Jennifer
Doctor Jennifer, Doctor