Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I am looking at this post about seeing a red splotch. It's…

Hi, I am looking...

Hi, I am looking at this post about seeing a red splotch. It's quite weird but at around midnight the last 4 nights I've woken up and there is a red splotch in my field of vision, not very big, in my right and left eye (when I close one or the other I see it. Eventually it goes away or I just fall back asleep.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

Well this has been happening since I started taking CBD oil for. As I said the last 4 nights it's been happening. I'm not sure if it is related. It's just strange.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing that stands out.

3/14/2018
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

This is nothing to worry about.

It is very common to see things like this when waking up

Make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD