Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I just was looking to see if anyone had similar experiences…

Hi - I just...

Hi - I just was looking to see if anyone had similar experiences to one I had today - I don't want to overreact and run to the doctor for something silly.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I accidentally snorted a combination of shampoo/water up my nose this afternoon while in the shower and since I've had burning sensations in my nose. My eyes are now burning and I've got a headache. I just wanted to know if there were anything serious to worry about

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

It started after the event today

3/12/2018
DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Associated itching, pain, redness in eyes?

Are you taking any medications?

Any other medical history?

Sneezing, phlegm at the back of the throat?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

I'm 27 years old. My eyes are a little itchy, mostly feeling a burning sensation in the eyes. My headache is localized to my forehead area and cheeks hurt, almost like a sinus infection but I'm not sick. I have been sneezing periodically since I got the water/shampoo in my nose. I blew my nose as soon as the event happened, but it didn't really help.
I have migraines and seizures - am currently on birth control, topiramate, lamotrigine, and an antibiotic.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, it sounds allergic reaction.

You should take some self-care measures until you see your doctor.
Do steam inhalation and saline gargles.
You should take the nasal saline spray and OTC Nasonex spray.
You should take Ibuprofen and Claritin.
You should hydrate yourself with warm liquids.
You should start a multivitamin supplement and vitamin C lozenges.
You should use OTC Zaditor eye drops 2 times a day alternately with OTC Systane eye drops.
Apply warm compresses on eyes and clean your eyes with soft cotton balls soaked in warm water.
Elevate your head while lying down.
If your symptoms will persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Okay, thank you! How long should I give symptoms to decrease with this treatment before I see my doctor?

Thanks for the follow-up.

You will see improvement in 2 days.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, Doctor
DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, Doctor