Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I got this stabbing pain in my eye earlier. It only lasted a…

Customer Question
I got this stabbing...

I got this stabbing pain in my eye earlier. It only lasted a few seconds. And now I have a dull headache. What could that be?

Doctor's Assistant: When did the headache begin? Have you used any medication for it?

Probably an hour ago. No medication

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the headache?

No.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm currently pregnant.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 4 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Your dull headache can be due to;

1) Tension headache

2) Migraine.

3) Hormonal issues, associated with pregnancy.

Tension headaches are the most common type of primary headache. So probably this would be the first to be considered in the differential diagnosis of your headache also. A tension headache is a headache caused by tense muscles in the face, neck, or scalp. These headaches give a feeling of tightness around the head. The neck muscles can also become sore and tight. Tension headaches can be caused by staying in one position for a long time, such as reading, playing video games or using a computer.

Sinusitis too can cause your symptoms. So if you have running or blocked nose, or known allergies, that may also be the consideration.

With your pregnancy, it would not be advised to take medicines.

Mild massage, good sleep, relaxation techniques, plenty of fluids would help you.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.