Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My girlfriend had laser surgery Friday without her primary…

My girlfriend had laser...

My girlfriend had laser surgery Friday without her primary doctor who was not there.she has glaucoma and macular degeneration .being in 12 auto accidents not her fault her nervous system is very sensitive.now she cannot see anything?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you experienced any changes or blurriness in your vision? Eye pain? Are your eyes dry or bloodshot?

She feels like she has a eye film and her eyelids feel heavy.she cannot feel her glasses on.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eyelid swollen at all?

It is swollen from under her eye down to the end of her check.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I called the laser specialist and asked what her pressure was 22 mml/he which is not high enough to merit laser surgery.now she cannot see anything.what is the solution to this horrific situation?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/10/2018
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

What sort of laser surgery did she have?

Actually, it doesn't really matter....

If she has suddenly lost vision she need to get into see her ophthalmologist right now. Call the office and see if the oncall doctor can see her.

If this is not possible, go to the ER where they should be able to call in an ophthalmologist to come and evaluate her.

Bring all her meds and drops with you to the ER.

Does this make sense?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I want my girlfriend to explain more details about this horrific situation.please call me asap because I love her dearly and feel partly responsible. ************* Stephen time 3/11/2018 time 1:10 am Sunday morning.

here is the link for a phone call:

The phone call link you requested at 12:33 has expired. If you request a phone call again I am available tonight to call.

I do not seem to be able to set up a phone call on my end....it will have to come from you.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr.dick I need to talk to you asap about the outcome of this situation with my girlfriend on loss of vision with the stl procdure .gloria has Avery sensitive nerve system from 12 car accidents not her fault
Dr dick I am so upset my girlfriend signed a consent form.it was a hustle.i am mad at myself and very upset because I did not step in and stop it. Now my girlfriend is suffering total vision loss.can this be reversed.

is she lights out, totally blind in both eyes?

If she is totally blind, even in one eye, why did the ophthalmologist say this happened?

Do you have a copy of her clinical notes I can review?