Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I’m a singer. I’ve been singing for a few months now and…

Customer Question
Hi there, I’m a singer...
Hi there, I’m a singer. I’ve been singing for a few months now and have been working on my falsetto. I was recently singing high and noticed my throat being really sore after singing . It has been a few days and have noticed my throat muscle burning whilst I sing. I am worried that my vocal cords are really damaged now? Do I just need rest?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Eye
3/10/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

I'm sorry you are concerned about vocal cord irritation. Rest may be the answer, but you may also be developing benign vocal cord growths. May I suggest you schedule an appointment with an ENT doctor to evaluate for any growth that is benign, not cancer. Warm Saltwater gargles can help until you are evaluated and keeping a cough drop or hard candy in your mouth will also help moisturize your throat tissue and reduce inflammation. Irritation to your vocal cords can cause adjacent muscle irritation and if needed over the counter Aleve or Advil will help relieve the muscle irritation.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Any additional thoughts, questions?

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor