Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Really sorry to bug you however for the last 3 weeks or so…

Customer Question
Really sorry to bug you...
Really sorry to bug you however for the last 3 weeks or so I've had a headache only on the right side behind my eye right side of my forehead top right of my head whenever I look down at the ground or towards the tip of my nose without moving my head at all just moving my eyes only I feel the strain in the right eye that causes a headache on the right side what is going on my blood work came back normal nothing is helping this I have tried everything regular Tylenol Tylenol severe sinus I've tried ibuprofen 800 ibuprofen 600 children's ibuprofen regular aspirin the only thing that is even attempted that work is Excedrin Tension Headache and it helps the pain in my head go away but has not done anything for the straining feeling in my eye is something wrong with me? Please give me some insight give me some answers I don't wear glasses I don't wear contacts have not lost any vision I I'm not an alcoholic I drink occasionally I I'm not a druggie I do smoke cigarettes I am overweight and I know that's terrible I have had a DVT blood clot in my left leg when I was younger well it was only in 2013 seems like a lot of change since then no history since then with blood clots at least to my knowledge no I'm not pregnant do you know what could be causing this is this something from stress or tension I have been extremely stressed out lately could this be a pulled muscle or is it something much much worse and extremely scared please any advice
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Eye
3/9/2018
Eye Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have just now come online and will be happy to help you now

Dear *****ient, thanks for all the information you have given us, in fact because of the characteristics of the pain and the location it has two possible origins based on which your laboratories are normal.
The first cause that impresses is that it is a migraine, and the second a trigeminal neuralgia, the biggest difference of one and the other is its pain since the neuralgia is extremely painful, and the sensitivity of the affected area is very high, generating pain. To discard these conditions and differentiate them, a physical examination must be performed.
Both diseases share their possible origins since stress and anxiety are the most frequent, affecting the nerve roots and increasing the pressure of the cerebral vessels, in addition it should be investigated how is your cervical column to determine any neurological alterations such as nerve compression or muscular contracture that aggravates the situation.
But these two causes are not alarming, I have noticed that you have taken two analgesic but I suggest in your case take stronger analgesic for migraine like Sumatriptan 50mg, or aspirin combined with caffeine like Butalbital Compound, Fiorinal, Fiormor, Fiortal which can take every 8 hours, but to get these medications it is necessary to go to a consultation as they need prescription.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor