Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

At first, my eye just felt irritated. I didn’t rub it or…

Customer Question
At first, my eye...

At first, my eye just felt irritated. I didn’t rub it or anything because I thought it was my contact being funny so I tried to blink it out. After about an hour it hurt really badly for twenty seconds then my eye felt really warm for a few minutes then just kinda hurt from then til now. It only minorly gets better when I close my eyes. My eye has a consistant red looking vein running along the side of the eye in question. In addition, there is a white spec on my iris. What caused this? I have minor light sensitivity in life and i usually spend about 14 hours a day on my computer for work.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It started two days ago. It's fairly consistant. Sometimes screens or my prescription glasses make it a bit worse but not by a lot. I like to pretend that closing my eyes makes it better but again the change is insignificant

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just that sunlight and white lights are generally somewhat harmful. My eyes are, for some reason, prone to see better in darkness. And that I work on computers all day everyday. Also, I wear contacts/glasses

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Eye
3/8/2018
Eye Doctor: Paul Wolfe,
 replied 4 months ago
Paul Wolfe
Hi, my name is Paul. I have practiced medicine for 20+ years. It sounds like you may have scratched your corneal (out surface of your eye). These usually are not serious, but you should have it evaluated by your eye doctor or primary care physician. They may need to start you on antibiotic eye drops. I would definitely not put contacts back in until this is resolved. I hope this was helpful. Please rate me with 5 stars. Feel free to ask any follow up questions
Hey, it happened in the middle of me watching tv. Nothing touched my eye before it started hurting. I was just sitting there and then it hurt. I included an image of the irritated section highlighting the white spec. Pardon the writing on the image haha I was trying to keep track of the times and all that.
Eye Doctor: Paul Wolfe,
 replied 4 months ago
I would still be concerned that it may have gotten scratched or infected. You can even get the virus that causes “cold sores” in your eye. You really need to go to your eye doctor or primary care doctor. You need to make sure that it is nothing serious.