Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My right eyelid is swollen in the corner and hurts when I…

Customer Question
My right eyelid is...

My right eyelid is swollen in the corner and hurts when I blink

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

I just woke up with it

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I know of i did just get back from peru

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 1 month ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
K

Got it--hold on please

You've got a stye there--a small cyst in the lid that's gotten infected

You can try warm moist packs for 15 minutes three times a day but if it doesn't drain in three days you'd need to see your doctor for a course of oral antibiotics to clear it

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is it cancerous

No, not at all

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)