Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have chronical flu sintoms. watery eyes, muscle feteeq.

I have chronical flu...

I have chronical flu sintoms. watery eyes, muscle feteeq. sinus infection. and Im very tired. this is now for one year already.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

No breathing problems. Im dealing with this for one year

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My blod pressure is a little high.

2/19/2018
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

What are the investigations and treatment done?

Do you have heartburn, nausea, abdominal pain, acid reflux?

Im 48 Have non of the above. No investigations and treatments done yet.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Your symptoms are typical of chronic sinusitis. A coronal CT of the sinuses and/or fiberoptic nasal endoscopy is diagnostic for it. Some physician may recommend nasal smear also to differential the allergy and infection. The aim of treatment is; relieve the obstruction, treatment of the infection, if present, thinning the mucus, and opening the sinus. Following would be the treatment protocol;

1) Nasal steroid; decrease inflammation and open up obstruction.

2) Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine are often helpful.

3) Topical decongestant for short duration.

4) Antihistamines; use only if allergic.

5) Steam vaporizer

6) Eucalyptus oil may help

7) Nasal saline irrigation

8) Vitamin C

9) Antibiotics; if nasal culture is positive and there are signs in CT scan.

For treating it naturally; steam inhalation, nasal saline water (salt water) irrigation (can be done by Neti-pot), Vitamin C, Eucalyptus oil inhalation can be done. Following can increase the body immunity so help in overcoming the sinus infection;

1) Omega 3; Fish oil capsule and flaxseed oil capsule.

2) Ginkgo Biloba

3) Zinc 30 mg.

You may also be looked for GERD, which has increasingly been implicated in causing or exacerbating chronic sinusitis. The exact relationships and mechanisms are presently a matter of speculation, though.

Consulting an ENT (ear, nose throat) specialist would be prudent.

You may also be investigated for;

Thyroid disease

Connective tissue diseases

Chronic anemia

Neoplastic disease

Chronic infections like Epstein Barr virus

Endocrine diseases (Addison disease).

Chronic fatigue syndrome

Myasthenia Gravis.

You would need following investigations:

Complete blood count (CBC)

Liver function tests

Thyroid function tests

Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)

Serum electrolyte level measurement

Immunoglobulin M (IgM)/immunoglobulin G (IgG) coxsackievirus B titer

IgM/IgG human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6) titer

IgM/IgG C pneumoniae titer

Autoimmune panel

Anemia panel.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thanks

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.