Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have had aortic graph installed due to aneurism’s, I’m on…

Customer Question
I have had aortic...

I have had aortic graph installed due to aneurism’s, I’m on blood pressure medicine and blood thinners. Suppose to take cholesterol meds but the statins make me ill. Currently wondering I get a red mark between my eye brows couple times every six months. Is it something that will be a problem

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

No family heart issues, I had my valve replaced 20 years ago I am now 40 and the abdominal aortic aneurism 3 years ago, not the greatest feeling since this last surgery, went Afib once for over 24 hrs.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Lots of digestion issues. And upset stomach which I point towards blood pressure medicine which also makes muscle cramping and yeitching

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Eye
2/6/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 5 months ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

How old are you?

M/F?

Do you get this red mark anywhere else on your body?

Any other symptoms?

Can you upload a picture of the mark?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

I am 40 year old male, no where else on body this type of mark but do get small red blotches, I take warfarin,coversyl, metoprolol.
I get lots of ringing in ears, always feel off.
I’ve had my aortic valve replaced to mechanical and aorta graph due to abdominal aneurism

thank you for that additional information and the pictures.

While I do not believe these red marks are a problem I really can't pin down the underlying cause from the photographs you have provided alone.

So. What should you do?

1. I'd not worry about these but I'd show them to your regular doctor and see what she thinks.

2. If you are concerned then get into see a dermatologist when the red marks are present. He may want to do some specialized testing such as a full thickness biopsy.
Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS