Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I was thinking about having Lasek eye surgery (no cutting of…

I was thinking about having...
I was thinking about having Lasek eye surgery (no cutting of the eye) because I am farsighted. The eye dr told me I only had to do one eye. I am 50 years old and as of now don’t need glasses to read, only to see far. Is Lasek safer than Lasik and what are the risks of Lasek.
2/1/2018
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hi This is Dr. Stan. I am U.S. trained with 30 years of patient experience and I am reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I am Dr. Rick and I have three decades of experience as an eye surgeon.

Here is an excellent web page that compares LASIK to LASEK and goes over the risks of each in detail.
I believe you will find this helpful:

https://www.docshop.com/education/vision/refractive/lasek

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
in your opinion I shouldn’t be worried too much about complications? I am signed up for monthly billing can you tell me how to leave a tip? Before I signed up for monthly billing I was able to leave a tip? Now I don’t know how