Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I had an auto accident 1/17/18. car hit me broadside. arm…

I had an auto...

I had an auto accident 1/17/18. car hit me broadside. arm rest broke a couple of ribs and I was seeing double for about 30 mins after. A couple of days later I noticed several cut in my hair ( front to backleft side crown..) small cuts 1/4 to 1/2 long inch and not deep., a week later I noticed a small gray circle in my left eye center? what should I do?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Ribs are healing, was told I have beginnings of cataract in left eye last March. age 70 health good 6'2" 215 lbs.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Over past 4 years have had, AAA carter stent operation, lowest disc replaced, heart ablasion to fix double pulse rate.

1/15/2018
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question.

Sorry to know about your accident. The small gray circle in your left eye center might be due to fluid build up in the center of your retina and is called Berlin's edema. However this could only be ascertained after a dilated eye exam by an ophthalmologist. Treatment would be wait and watch for natural recovery as this does not require any specific medication.

Other conditions which might cause similar visual problem include injury to the macula ( central part of the retina) resulting in hole or shallow detachment.

It would be most appropriate to get the eye examined by an ophthalmologist for a dilated eye exam.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist