Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My wife slipped on the ice and hit the back of her head on…

Customer Question
My wife slipped on...

My wife slipped on the ice and hit the back of her head on the sidewalk pretty hard around 8:30pm EST. She is not experiencing any signs of a concussion: dizziness, nausea, blurred vision...but we just got up to go to bed after watching a movie and noticed that she now has two black eyes. Should we go to the ER?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?

She had a headache initially and took Ibuprofen. She does not have a headache now. Her fall occurred about 5 hours ago. I have not allowed her to go to sleep yet.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. She hit the back of her head and fell flat on her back.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Eye
1/13/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr.Sawhney, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor

Welcome to justanswer.I amCustomerand your complete satisfaction is my goal.I am reviewing your question and I would respond shortly.

Thanks for your question.

If she has developed black eyes on both sides after falling on back of head it is safer to go ER and have her examined and CT scanned if needed.

This may not be anything serious but a more serious injury like basilar skull fracture needs to be ruled out.

Feel free to ask any follow up question.'

Do take a moment to honor my work and time by rating my answer, hopefully, 5 stars.

Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor