Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have pink eye and my eye is swollen but my eye is also…

Customer Question
Good morning. I have...

Good morning. I have pink eye and my eye is swollen but my eye is also very dilated. Getting concerned. Should I be worried

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No injuries. Eye was watery Wed night. Woke up with what looked like mild pink eye yesterday. Last night it swelled a lot and woke up to redness and swelling and dialation

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No pretty healthy

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Eye
1/12/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 1 month ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question.

I need to ask you a few questions here-

1. Is the vision in the affected eye blurred?

2. Have you touched something ( like perfume/spray/weed) and then rubbed your eye accidentally?

3. Since how many days have you had these symptoms?

Thank you. I look forward to your reply.

This is just an information request.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi. Vision is blurred in dilated eye. Didn’t touch anything but was very watery Wednesday night. Woke up w what looked like pink eye Thursday. Had pink eye sxs. I work w kids so I wasn’t too worried. But today woke up and it is very swollen and eye dilated. I did start antibiotic drops. Could this cause it the dilation. Thinking it’s viral bc only getting worse. Swelling on top is bad.

Is it possible for you send a picture of that eye? Ask some to click the image of the affected eye?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Trying to send one but not letting me add a file. Argh
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh wait they went. I think ��

Thank you for the additional information . A pink eye would cause redness, watering and sometimes swelling around the eye if severe, but not dilation of the pupil or blurred vision. So the last two are a matter of concern.

Ok. I did get to see the pictures. The pupil seems to be widely dilated though the swelling is mild.

Looks like toxic pupil ( accidental rubbing of eye after touching a contaminant).

Try putting lubricating eye drops such as Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day for 2-3 days. The pupil should begin to return to its original size by then.

If the pupil does not begin to return to normal size, then do consult your ophthalmologist for a closer look.

Hope this helps you to take the right decision. Take care.

Do remember to rate this response positively if it was up to your expectation/satisfaction. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Regards

Dr.A.S.Desai

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still bad. Should I go to opthomologisy

Yes, if the eye feels as bad as before then it makes sense to consult your ophthalmologist for a closer look.

Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist