Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I had circular imaging done yesterday for dental implants.

Customer Question
I had circular imaging...

I had circular imaging done yesterday for dental implants. The person who took the photos told me to keep my eyes closed while it took photos of my jawbone.I did so. Everything went fine. However when I went to bed last night (and only when i was laying down)Everytime I blink It looks like ripples...I finally went to sleep but when I awoke and it was still dark the same phenomenon occured. Only in darness and not present in light. What in the world is going on?

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

My vision has been fine up until this occurrence. The tech told me to keep my eyes closed during the photographing and I did please help the only other thing and I can think of is that I have also have an unexplained edema in my feet and ankles

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Eye
1/12/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

This is noting to worry about.

The xray did no damage at all....

The ripples you are seeing are due to the dark current in your rods and cones and are totally normal.

I can see them myself at night if I pay attention and look for them.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS