Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I just got a new exam for contacts done last Thursday. Now…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new exam for contacts done last Thursday. Now today is Tuesday and I’ve been wearing a trial pair that the doctor gave me. It cause me to have a eye infection from the left eye because the contact lens was to small. Can I sue the doctor for giving me the wrong prescription?

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

I got a glasses examine about two months ago. Then I got a contact exam last Thursday.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have astigmatism

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Eye
I also go to two different doctor. One doctor for contact exam. & the doctor that I went to today for the exam for my eye infection is a completely different doctor
1/10/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 6 months ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question for you.

No, a smaller size of contact lens is never a cause for eye infection. Infection of the eye can occur from any source which an cause contamination ( touching the eye with contaminated fingers/towels/sheets etc). It would not be possible to sue a doctor just because the trial contact lens was not of the correct size.

Hope this helps you to take the right decision. Take care.

Do remember to rate this response positively if it was up to your expectation/satisfaction. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Regards

Dr.A.S.Desai